Installing and maintaining a wall hung toilet may seem daunting, but it’s a straightforward process with numerous advantages. Here’s a guide to help you understand the installation and maintenance:
- Professional Installation: While some DIY enthusiasts may install wall hung toilets themselves, it’s recommended to hire a professional plumber for precise installation. They will ensure proper wall and floor support.
- Sturdy Wall Frame: A sturdy wall frame is essential for mounting the toilet securely. The frame must be anchored to wall studs or a reinforced wall structure.
- Hidden Tank or Concealed Cistern: If you opt for a hidden tank, it will need to be installed within the wall. Ensure it’s easily accessible for maintenance.
- Proper Sealing: To prevent leaks, ensure the toilet is properly sealed against the wall. Proper sealing is crucial to avoid water damage over time.
- Regular Cleaning: Wall hung toilets are designed for easy cleaning. Regularly wipe down the toilet bowl and seat. Cleaning the wall behind the toilet can also help maintain its appearance.
- Check for Leaks: Periodically check for any signs of leaks around the concealed cistern or flushing mechanism. Address any issues promptly to prevent water damage.
- Replace Parts as Needed: Like all toilets, wall hung toilets may require part replacements over time. Replace parts such as the flush valve or fill valve as necessary to maintain proper functionality.
- Professional Inspection: Consider scheduling professional inspections to ensure the hidden tank and plumbing connections remain in good condition.
With proper installation and routine maintenance, a wall hung toilet can provide years of reliable and space-efficient service in your bathroom.